Dear Sir or Madam
The 5th International Conference on Vietnam Studies will be organized in Hanoi from 15th to 18th December 2016 with the purpose of establishing an international academic forum for discussing and proposing solutions to contemporary issues that Vietnam is experiencing in the context of global change. Moreover, the conference is expected to promote the development of the global network of Vietnam Studies, which gathers and connects researchers and experts from various fields of study and different countries with the aim at establishing an international organization on Vietnam Studies.
The detailed information of the Conference is as follows:
1. Theme of the Conference: Sustainable Development in the Context of Global Change
2. Host Organization: Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU, Hanoi).
3. Collaborating organizations: Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences; Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology; Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City; Ministry of Education and Training; Ministry of Science and Technology; Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism; Ministry of Industry and Trade; Ministry of Planning and Investment; Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development; Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs; Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment.
4. Time and Location
Time: 15-18th December, 2016
Location: National Convention Centre, Hanoi
5. Scope of the Conference
Section 1: Foreign relations, international cooperation and integration
Section 2: Cultural resources
Section 3: Education and training and human resource development
Section 4: Technology and knowledge transfer
- Section 5: Economy and Livelihood
- Section 6: Climate change
The VNU University of Economics and Business will be in charge of Section 5.
The Organizing Committee of Section 5 welcomes all scientists, policy makers and entrepreneurship leaders to participate in and contribute papers to the Conference, focusing on the following topics:
- Vietnam macro-economy
- Vietnam economic sectors/industries
- Vietnam Enterprises
- Labor and employment in Vietnam
- Income and social equality
- Environment, immigration, urbanization, green economy and inclusive growth
6. Registration and Paper Submission