I. GENERAL INFORMATION
Faculty of International Business and Economics (FIBE) under the VNU University of Economics and Business is formerly known as World Economics Department, founded in November 1974 under Faculty of Political Economics - University of Hanoi. In 2007, with the establishment of the University of Economics and Business (formerly the Faculty of Economics) the FIBE was concurrently established, marking the turning point which was towards the strong development phase. Based on active enthusiasm and the innovation, the faculty has gradually proved as an important element of the UEB by their quality training activity and extracurricular activities and career orientation for students. In just a short period, the faculty has set up cooperation with many businesses, investors and foreign universities, bringing the favorable academic environment. The faculty also held many workshops, meetings and talks with renowned speakers as well as built annual events and activities to improve the quality of teaching, learning and research. In 2010, the faculty has proposed to change the official name to Faculty of International Business and Economics to better match with the orientation of research and training approaching world-class quality.
Many students of the faculty graduated with excellent grade and performed well in their job, partly proving the high quality training that the faculty and the university always strive for.
For nearly 40 years of construction and development, the faculty has achieved remarkable achievements and repeatedly awarded honorable titles and merit of certificates by VNU President and UEB Rector.
II. BOARD OF MANANGEMENT
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Ha Van Hoi
Tel: (84-4) 37547506 + 408
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Xuan Thien
Tel: (84-4) 37547506 + 408
Dr. Nguyen Anh Thu
Tel: (84-4) 37547506 + 408
III. FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Faculty of International Business and Economics is responsible for:
- Providing highly-qualified human resources at higher education and postgraduate level in international economics in order to meet the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Training as well as serving as pilot training programs in new specializations related to International Economics.
- Carrying out basic research and implementing the application of science and technology in a number of economic areas of basic and key international economics; combining training and research; deploying the services of science and technology according to the Science and Technology Law and Education Law; undertaking research in order to solve socio-economic issues in Vietnam; giving consultation on policies and offering solutions to various levels of state management from central to local.
- Cooperating in training, research and application; exchanging information about science and technology transference with training and research units, enterprises and other domestic and foreign organizations (including member units of the VNU).
- Providing training services to upward mobility programs, updating knowledge, enhancing the science - in terms of technology qualification, and specialty to meet the social demands.
IV. TRAINING AND SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL
Dr. Vu Anh Dung, UEB Vice Rector - Chairman
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Ha Van Hoi, Associate Dean - Vice Chairman
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Xuan Thien, Associate Dean - Member
Assoc.Prof.Dr Phung Xuan Nha, Chair of Department - Member
Dr. Nguyen Tien Dung, Lecture - Member
Dr. Bui Truong Giang, Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, Member n
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Le Bo Linh, Deputy Head of Technology and Environment Committee of the National Assembly, Member
Mr. Mai Thanh Hai, Chairman of Vietnam Association for Foreign Invested Enterprises, Member
Dr. Nguyen Anh Thu, Associate Dean - Member
Dr. Nguyen Thi Kim Anh, Chair of Department, Secretary.
V. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- Faculty Office
- Department of World Economy and International Economic Relations
- Department of International Business
- Department of International Finance
VI. PROGRAMS AND LEVELS OF TRAINING
- Graduate program in International Economics: regular training program, honor training program, double degree (with VNU University of Languages and International Studies)
- Master of International Economics
- Doctoral Program of International Economics
VII. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
Major research orientation:
- Issues of world economy and international economic relations: Theories of the World Economy and International Economic Relations: Globalization, regionalization and integration of the Vietnam economy into the region and into the world; Economic reform in transitional economies: experiences of other countries and lessons for Vietnam; Trade, financial, international investment policies: experiences of other countries and lessons for Vietnam; International trade and financial institutions.
- International business: Strategies and policies for the development of nations and economic; Production networks, value chains, regional and global cooperation; New features in rotating international investment capital.
VIII. COOPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT
At present, the Faculty is implementing a Master program in Economic Expertise and International Project Management cooperating with Paris 12 University (France), Massey University (New Zealand). Waseda University, Keio University (Japan), Wisconsin Eau - Claire University, Connecticut University (USA), KDI University (South Korean), Chulalongkorn (Thailand), etc.
The Faculty has been conducting cooperation in training and research with units under the VNU, research institutes and universities in Vietnam to provide short-term courses, research and consulting services in economics, finance, investment, trade and international business and consultative research according to the demands in the contracts signed with enterprises and individuals.
IX. DEVELOPMENT ORIENTATION
The Faculty of International Business and Economics of VNU-UEB strives to become a prestigious training, research and consulting center in International Economics in Vietnam approaching the regional quality and fostering international standards. The specific activities are illustrated as following:
- Conducting the training activities of the Faculty to approach the regional and international qualification through training programs at international standard, honor programs and training cooperation with prestigious universities in the region and the rest of the world.
- Combining research with training, research for teaching, and research orienting to solve the practical issues of Vietnam in the context of international economic integration. Establishing strong research groups, reinforcing and developing cooperation with research institutes and domestic and foreign universities in research activities.
- Promoting development cooperation, conducting the training and consulting services in international economics, implementing multilateral partnerships, diversifying the types of cooperation, utilizing all resources, and exploring strengths of partners effectively.
Faculty of International Business and Economics
VNU University of Economics and Business
Suite 407, E4 Building, 144 Xuan Thuy Rd., Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: (84-4) 37547506 + Ext.407, 408 - Fax: (84-4) 37546765
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: http://ueb.vnu.edu.vn; http://fibe.ueb.edu.vn